Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, March 6, 2011

welcome the new webpage

This week I decided that my webpage needed a revamp, So i put on my best technical hat, logged onto Weebly and thought here goes.
Well, after some general spelling, punctuation and grammer issues (as noted by my lovely fans) I finished it. http://www.cupcakeparty.com.au/. Please take a look and tell me your thoughts.

This week Anna (from facebook page) won a free cake to be delivered to her. She is going to use it for her Nonna's 89th Birthday... wow... 89, I hope that I am still enjoying cake when I am 89.
The cake is from a course I completed today at PlaNET Cake in Balmain. Basics 102.

I have to say, my favourite cake I made this week was the Kitchen tea cake I made for my lovely friend Erin. She was the best looking hen in the world. Her cake was present boxes, and the biggest compliment was when one of the guests thought Erin had recieved something from Tiffany's, until on closer inspection she realised it was a cake. The flavour was white chocolate mud cake with dark chocolate ganache, and dark chocolate gluten free mud cake with white chocolate ganache.





In the process of making this cake I stuffed up the first cake, by not cooking it long enough. (so that wound up in the bin, which left me rushing all of friday night to change the design and rebake. I decorated some on the friday night but did the most on the saturday morning (only a few hours before the party was due to start.) This made me realise that anything is possible, and never give up. 

I made it to the party at 12.59pm, with 1 min to spare.

It was a great day, and the cake was devoured and enjoyed (based on feedback) by all... Phew!

I can't remember what other cake adventures I had this week, but I certainly do feel like I am cramming in as much as possible before the lil baby's due date on the 27th March.

Am I taking time off work you ask? yes of course... while im in hospital I wont be working :) lol.

Anyways I know this is a long post... have a good week everyone... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment