Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, March 20, 2011

shoes & cake blues

So this past week I completed a cake course at http://www.cakedecoratingcentral.com/ the beautiful shoe box, It was such a fun course and I met some really lovely people. It was especially fun because I got to do it with one of my closest friends Amanda... her shoe box and shoe were amazing in colours of brown and beige.
I opted with pink and black theme. The cake was made on foam (It was for display)
I think if I make this shoe again, I will definately not opt for black, as it never seemed to harden properly, and I think with all the moistuer in the air it certainly didnt help.

Oh and my shoe box made it to 6th most saved cake on http://www.cakecentral.com/ what an honour... truly as thousands of cake makers, decorators, and enthusiasts all view and post pictures... I was so proud, i even took a screen shot of it, but the credit really must go to my wonderful teachers.

I made this caramel mud cake with chocolate ganache for the lovely Natalie, whom won it on my facebook page through her friend Divesh for her Birthday...
Comments on the cake were...
"THANK YOU! IT WAS AMAZING AND SOOOO YUMMM!!! EVERYONE LOVED IT! THANK YOU! FANTASTIC JOB!"

Very very pink cake... and what a shoe to match :)

Now we have covered the shoes... what about the cake blues...
The bride wanted a beautiful tapered wedding cake with flowers, and a hint of blue, this was the design I came up with....


Can you see the cute little rabbit between the bride and groom... I love it when people really personalise their wedding cakes/ toppers/ figurines...

The cake was delivered to Curzon Hall (near Ryde). It was a beautiful venue, but I was upsey when the staff tried to "help" and proceeded to put finger marks on the cake/ cake board on delivery, these did get smoothed out (mostly), but I was a little furious.
Oh and when the man said my cake was a scrambled eggs cake, because of all the flavours (white choc mud with rasp & choc ganache, caramel mud +choc ganache, & lemon vanilla buttercake) I'm telling you... do not tell a woman that is 9 months pregnant, and has spent the last 60 hours  (add extra for flower making etc) working, dreaming and thinking of this cake that it is scrambled eggs cake... I don't care how you meant it!

This cake did not come without it's own challenges.
1) structure & supports, soloution = alot of supports, chocolate ganache & a very cold lounge room.
2) Delivery (very heavy) + a lot of stairs = took my assistant Josh K. He is proving to be quite useful.

Overall I had a busy week, but I enjoyed it... actually I loved it, even though a couple of times I thought I might just bring on the labour from the stress :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment