Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dessert tables and lots of cupcakes

Hello, how have you been. Im such a slack blogger.
So what have I been up to?
well here are a few pictures... with a few stories to go along with them...
A titanic Dessert table, Including; cupcakes, cakepops, iceberg jelly, jaffas, malteasers, ppcorn, lemonade, and some personalised lindt chocolate bars.
This was done for my Mr. 7. He had told me for months and months and months how he absoulutely must have a Titanic cake... So I start planning how Im going to make this cake. Of course he wanted it just before it sank when it was on a 45 degree angle off the cake board complete with people swimming/ drowning in the water. Now that sounds really great, but Cake at a 45 degree angle with no support underneath it is... well IMPOSSIBLE, and I thought the people drowning was a little morbid for a 7th Birthday dont you think?
So I sent out invitations that I masde to look like boarding passeS, AND i WAS THINKING YEP, mR. 7 is going to looooove this.
Then 4 days before the party he drops the first BOMBSHELL "mum I dont like the titanic anymore, I want an army theme party", to which I replied, "Too bad, I have already organised everything" lol .
Then after slaving over his cake trying to carve the shape, and almost getting RSI in my hands, finally I create it (pretty pleased with my efforts at 2 in the morning) On his birthday I show him his "MASTERPIECE"... "oh yeah mum it's alright, but.... you forgot the GYmnasium and the grand staircase, and where are the life boats? it's not really an exact replica mum, next time and you try to make me a nerf gun gake that actually shoots bullets then Ill be impressed"
Wow shut down by a 7 year old... that hurt... but it hurt more because I put so much love into it, and he didnt really care too much for it. It made me think how spoilt children are these days, and Its not his fault I have given him his whole life on a platter, but that was the wake up call I needed to realise enogh is enough..
Have you ever been shut down by a kid... its a crazy thing!?




Corporate cupcakes, I made 100 of these suckers, then realised I forgot to add half the butter and sugar, so they were more like scones rather than cupcakes, so that batch hit the bins, and I got to rebaking them the night before their 6.45 am delivery... (and they were perfect the 2nd time around)

My 25th willy wonka themed party
more photos here on facebook
It waqs great fun, but my waist suffer with a 3.5kg gain... lol that should be a record!xxx




Winter wonderland cupcakes from a Kit of the month from http://www.cakedecoratingcentral.com/

chk chk boom cupcakes... need I say more?

And my most recect Pretty was this Blue and yellow Christening Dessert table for my beautiful Mr. 4 months.
A special thanks to My little Jedi  for the design of the printables.
Fleur de Sel for the most delicious treats including lemon macaroons, lemon marshmellows, and to die for chocolate mousse... mmmm yum
Also I made the cake on a course at Couture Cake Classes
and the edible image cupcake toppers were from Cakes around town.

More photos can be found here on facebook


Well thats all for now... Love to you all.
Blog soon

0 comments:

Post a Comment