Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Beach wedding...

This week I had the privelage of making a beautiful beach themed wedding cake.
The flavour was chocolate mud, and was layered with with chocolate and dark chocolate ganache.
Delivered to Newport Surf Lifesaving club.

Also there were some yummy red relvet cupcakes with elmo & smurfs on them with cream cheese frosting



I had a few troubles with the wedding cake as the weather had been so hot, and the fondant was almost melting in my hands which caused the icing to tear and rip, and especially because of the height on the second tier... What I think I did wrong was have the icing a little thick, which made it very heavy, and pulled alot, but after 3 trys (pulling off the icing and starting again) I finally got it done.

Today Im in the process of making a black and gold channel handbag cake (yep another one) for a 40th birthday. So Now while its sitting in the fridge waiting for the ganache to set, Im going to have a nice cup of tea.

Im running a little behind schedule but It will be delivered on time :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment