Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year... New beginings

Wow, after a busy 2010, 2011 is already looking to get fired up.

Cake orders have come in for January, February, May, July, August, September... and January 2012.
Phew... who ever would of thought that this would ever be possible. So starting the New Year,I would like to thank all my family, friends, and all my customers new and returning. Without you I would not be where I am today, and I am humbled and blessed.

The New Year also brings about the desire for change and new things, So here is my new blog, with a link to my new twitter account, and the webpage need not feel bad as its getting a whole new revamp as well.

This week I endevor the challenge of making a replica of a house for a special client Maria.
Im excited by this cake, as I love challenges, and I love to create.

Here is a sketch of the house I'm making this week...



Starting this blog I would like to post my top 5 cakes/ cupcakes/ cookies of 2010.

5. My hubby's (not quite a suprise) 30th Birthday cake. This was made between the hours of 2-4am for his suprise party... but he was to clever he already knew that a party had been organised.

4. Katherine & Albert's wedding cake. This 5 tier cake was all fruit cake, and was HUGE, it was heavy to deliver and set up, but I loved it because I learnt so many things from making this cake... oh and it looks beautiful as well.


3. Everyone loves the festive season, and I loved these cupcakes. Little Christmas puds, a Santa belly, cheeky elves, and Christmas baubles... The children loved these, and because they loved them so much, I loved them to.

2. Making these cupcakes with a very talented young Josh was so exciting.
He is a passionate and very talented student, who I'm sure will be very successful oneday in all his cake endevours.
I love these cupcakes because they are a reminder that its never to early or too late to start living your dreams.

1. ... But the no.1 spot has to go to ... My very own wedding cake. Of course I'm completely biased, but it was the best day of my life, and everything in it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment