Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Babushka dessert table

On Sunday I completed another Amazing course at Faye Cahill Cake Designs in Marickville.

                                                         The beautiful Babushka...


I knew what I wanted to do with this cake. I wanted to give it to my Son's teachers as a thankyou for all the countless hours they have spent, not just being his teacher, but offering him the best Start to his schooling for Infants. I decided the cake as beautiful and stunning as it was, was simply not a big enough Thankyou, I needed to to more. I desided that I would Style a Christmas Dessert table for them to enjoy on the last day of term. I found a beautiful Wrapping paper at Officeworks, that was designed by Christina Re. That was my inspiration. From there I took the colours, red, gold, and white from the paper, and hints of Purple from the Babushka. I made the Cupcakes, and used my stencil pattern and gold Luster to highlight them. The Dessert table featured different heights, beautiful jars, ferrero raffaello, fererro rocher, macaroons made by Her Macaroons, Fruit mince tarts, Malteasers, Jaffas, Candy Canes, Individual chocolate bars, Gold Bon bons, Lindt Choclate balls, Chocolate Brownies, and of course the Centerpiece Babushka cake. {the crying babushka}. They loved it so much, and I was really pleased with the end result. It Just proves that you don't always need fancy back drops, {I used the wrapping paper} and also used the wrapping paper to style the plates, and wrap the Chocolate bars. The jars I found in a dollar store for a bargain price of $35ea. The stand the cake was on was a cardboard box {nothing fancy} That I covered in the Wrapping paper. The only problem was that my Camera battery had exhausted itself, and I forgot to charge it, so the pictures are... well... Ordinary... However, Im sure you will still be able to appreciate the photos none the less... Please enjoy looking at the Photos as much as I loved to do this table


0 comments:

Post a Comment